Difference between Sativa and Indica
With regards to marijuana, there are two main strains:
- Sativa which delivers an uplifting and energetic “high”, better suited for the day.
- Indica, which relaxes and calms you, allowing for a peaceful sleep, so mostly for night use.
They are both derived from the Cannabis plant and like all other marijuana strains, share these common characteristics:
- Marijuana is the mixture of the dried and shredded buds of the plant and depending on the strain that they come from, can have different effects on you.
- Though you can’t overdose on marijuana, too much of it can still have negative effects. The good news is that those will be temporary and shouldn’t last more than 24 hours.
- The Cannabis plant is one of humanity’s oldest crops; ancient civilizations already used hemp as a source of fibre, oil and paper.
Given that the benefits of marijuana and its medical uses are becoming substantiated more and more as research and experiential use come together, hybrids of the two strains have been produced and balanced combinations of the effects can be part of the recreational “high” or the healing properties of inhaling, eating or consuming marijuana. Growing marijuana is becoming an art as much as a botanical project.
One example of these hybrids is the widely popular BC Bud which combines a relaxing and “happy” effect and is also known to relieve nausea and pain. Medical marijuana dispensaries around the world have it for sale and those looking for fun times, can enjoy it and relish in its effects.
Many more hybrids are available on the market and with an expanding market to buy weed online, they are within the reach of those who benefit from their medicinal properties. In Canada, the medical use of marijuana is legal and there is an upcoming initiative by the new Federal Government to legalize and regulate it, which will likely promote this industry’s growth much further.
Facts and quality control are vital for this possibility and maintaining them is top of mind for responsible marijuana dispensaries.